Friday, October 9, 2020

Tough Guy Christmas CDs

From 2000 through 2015 (missing three years), I made Christmas CD compilations to give to friends. Each of these discs was lovingly curated, not just the music, but full packaging including art and liner notes. Pictured below are the front and inside covers and inlay cards for five of these compilations. Bowing to extreme subjectivity not just with the music, but with my choices of artwork, they include some esthetic choices that my not ring as overly Christmassy with some of you, but hey, worked for me. In retrospect, I probably should not have chosen the naked lady being dragged by Santa's leg, regardless of how much I enjoy that particular photo (which was a house ad for Playboy Magazine in the 1970s), but hey, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is pretty sexist, and that thing still airs every year! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment