Friday, October 9, 2020

CD Covers Redux 1: Miscellaneous

 My criteria for redoing a compact disc cover is more stringent than my DVD / Blu-ray makeovers. To replace a CD cover in my collection, the artwork has to be completely atrocious (see the Jazz CD Covers Redux post elsewhere on this site). More often what will happen is I will burn a copy of an out-of-print disc and sell it (doesn't happen much these days, of course), or I'll whittle down a box set to one manageable disc. You might presume that this behavior is now anachronistic in our post-hard media world, but I cling to the notion of actually owning my media, so this practice, while not as common as it once was, still continues. 

I've posted these pieces at larger than final size, with the crop marks visible, so you have to make that "movie director's box" with your hands to see what they look like cropped and trimmed. 

Also, note that these covers are designed for "slimline" compact disc cases, the kind most typically used for import CD singles. As with my DVD Redux covers, part of the reasoning is to reduce the amount of shelf space this hard media takes. I've spent a lot of money on those damn cases. 









No comments:

Post a Comment